Saturday, October 11, 2014

Small Screen Review (10/5-10/11)



I watch quite a bit of telly. More than I should, really. So since I watch as much television as I read books, I thought I should "review" what I watch each week, both television and movies (I only watch movies on DVD at home - long story). Nothing fancy, just a few sentences about what I thought of what I watched. (I'll try to avoid spoilers, but no promises.) Comment below with your thoughts on the shows!

THIS WEEK

Television: Starting to settle into the schedule and lose interest in a few new shows.

Movies: An oldie but a goodie, an older but an odder, and a new Marvel!


TELEVISION

NEW SHOWS

Selfie: Meh. The Facebook bit was a little funny, but it's losing all its initial shine.

Gotham: Better. Penguin is seriously disturbing but SO GOOD.

</Scorpion>: I hate when they run episodes out of order! This was clearly supposed to be shown right after the pilot, but they shuffled them, as they do. Still, it was really good - I hope this show lasts!

Forever: It was okay, but nothing special. The cop was way too eager for them to become partners - the push and pull make a show like this, so just accepting it, even wanting it, takes away a lot of the fun.

CONTINUING SHOWS

The Paradise: Lost two characters but gained one we'd previously lost - Jonas is back! Finally, Moray will regain some upper hand.

Once Upon a Time: Meh. I'm in this purely for Mr. Gold's thread and there was none of it in this episode. They gave him a new toy, let him play with it already!

Castle: Still think they could've come up with something a lot stronger, but it's interesting enough, I guess.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: More action, more mystery, more Ward. Loving this season!

Person of Interest: Best Harold episode ever. And now we're officially back in business!

Bones: Last week - Finished the season return 2-parter, although I couldn't remember who the bad guy was (darn my horrific memory) so the impact wasn't as good as it could've been. This week - While a rather disgusting one, it was good. And although he's definitely no Sweets, I like the new guy. Waiting patiently for him to turn out to be evil, though.


MOVIES

NEW

That Funny Feeling (library): Maid "borrows" man's apartment while he's out of town to impress a new love interest, but what he doesn't tell her is it's his apartment! Cute and most amusing, but she pulled some pretty stupid moves. Familiar faces left and right, not only in the main cast but even the extras! Two from Hogan's Heroes alone, which was hilarious considering I'd only previously known them with German and Russian accents.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (library): While not as impressive as I'd been imagining, it was still an action-packed thrill-ride. Saw the Winter Soldier twist coming from the beginning (literally, we saw him and I said, "Oh, he's wearing a mask so he must be [spoiler]."), but still loved said twist and am now a big WS fan.

Ghost Dad (library): 90's Bill Cosby movie where he becomes a ghost but sticks around to close one last deal at work to take care of his family. Not as good as I'd been hoping - a little weird, in fact. But it had a few pretty funny moments.


So that's it for this week! What did you watch?

2 comments:

  1. I'm really enjoying this feature of yours! I may have to do something similiar to this on my blog. I am a big tv and movie watcher. It is my other hobby besides reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, so glad you like this feature! <3 If you do your own, let me know so I can stop by! :D

      Delete