Friday, October 28, 2016

The #FridayReads Review (10/28/16)



Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
The Continent (The Continent, #1)
The Continent by Keira Drake (ARC)
This sounded like just my sort of read so I've been excited to get to it, but I'm two chapters in and so far not really impressed. A lot of people have really loved it though, so I'm hoping it gets better!



>> DNF <<
Trouble Is a Friend of Mine (Trouble, #1)
Trouble is a Friend of Mine by Stephanie Tromly (ARC)
DNF at Chapter 4. There's something off about the writing for me that makes it harder to follow, I'm not crazy about the characters or setting, and I'm not interested in the slightly creepy mystery plot (granted I'm not much for mystery plots in general). Sad this didn't work out but going to pass.


>> JUST FINISHED <<
Glitter
Glitter by Aprilynne Pike (ARC)
Stars. A near-future suspense with lots of intrigue, tension, and historical glamour. Review to come!


>> [POSSIBLY] READING NEXT <<
(subject to change with my ever-shifting reading whims)
Not Lives Vol. 3
Not Lives vol. 3 by Wataru Karasuma (PBK)
I really enjoyed the first two volumes so I'm excited to continue the series!


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment