Monday, August 15, 2011

Updates: Discipline, Uncharted Territory, & Oblivious Is Dead

I know it's been a while, but there isn't much to report. I'm plugging away at Project V when I get the chance - which isn't as often as I'd like, but it's better than nothing. Still working on the whole discipline thing - it will always be my worst vice.

I have reached uncharted territory in my story. I've finished the beginning that I had all planned out in my head and moved into the stuff where my only thought was "and then he learns stuff." Not the best way to dive in, but it's what I do.

I'm not going in blind, though. I'm actually buckling down and creating schedules and charts and whatnot. Unfortunately when I've done this before I choke and the story dies, so I'm being very careful not to chart out too much. As long as I don't make a daily calendar, I should be fine. That's what happened to Oblivious...*sniffle*

I'd still really like to finish Oblivious one day.

I wonder where I put that calendar...

3 comments:

  1. Break down your middle into three definitive steps. Middles used to blog me down because they were always just "puddle," but having three steps will give you smaller, more obtainable goals. (I'm all about small is better.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not a bad idea - I think I'll give it a try. Thanks Gina!

    ReplyDelete