Sunday, March 11, 2012

Library Haul: A Murder of Manga

It's time for a look at my Library Haul, the tower of goodies I picked up during my weekly trip to the libraries (TL, ML, and CL). Sideways are borrowed, upright are purchased used from library Friends.

Here is this week's haul:


Highlights:
  • ML must've gotten a grant or something, because that added at least $10,000 worth of new manga, with more on order. It was like Christmas! I had to limit what I took to only the ones I really wanted to read, and left at least another stack like this behind. TT I'll get to read them sooner or later though.
  • Excited to finally continue Black Butler! Luckily I don't need Volumes I & II because I still have every Yen Plus magazine, where it was originally serialized. While the same could be said of Pandora Hearts (originally serialized in Yen Plus), I think I still need a few earlier volumes before I can read what I have right now. :(
  • Almost didn't get Bride's Story Volume 1, but now I'm glad I did. For a simple story, it's fascinating. I now know why it won an award.
  • Snagged Doctor Who Series 4 & 5 - to re-watch the River Song episodes. Now that I know who she is, I want to see all the clues again!
  • Hugo finally came in. I'll be interested to see what the actual plot is (I could never bring myself to read the book) - they never really say in the previews, just show the dazzle.
  • Watched Mayor Cupcake last night. It's a cute and fun movie, and if you haven't seen it, maybe give it a try. Real politicians could learn a thing or two about getting out of debt.
  • Main Street appears to be the independent movie of famous people that no one has heard about (Colin Firth, Orlando Bloom, Amber Tamblyn - I could go on). It will be interesting to see how good it is - but how can it not be with such amazing actors?
  • David Guetta's newest CD arrived. And I have finally truly discovered Erin McCarley. Where has she been all my life?
  • Picked up P.D. James' Talking About Detective Fiction. I don't write or read all that much detective fiction (watch a lot though), but it sounded like a good read.

So what did you pick up from your local library lately?

1 comment:

  1. You'll love Hugo! It's a wonderful movie, about the art of storytelling and how it can take over your life. It's just so, so wonderful. I didn't read the book either, but now I don't want to because I don't want to ruin the movie.

    ReplyDelete