Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Currently...Spellbound

On the recommendation of web-buddy Gina, I am starting a new segment entitled "Currently...", in which I let you know what I'm currently up to on a number of highly important topics.

I AM CURRENTLY...

READING:

Novels: Spellbound by Rachel Hawkins, the 3rd (and final) book in the Hex Hall trilogy. While not exceptionally original, they are easy to read, well-written, and entertaining enough to keep my interest. Just finished: The Unnatural Inquirer, Book 8 of the Nightside Series by Simon R. Green. Blatant infodumping and the sloppiest plotting I've ever seen, but his description of the world (and the world itself) just keeps getting better and better.
Manga: Kamisama Kiss vol. 10 - aside from Skip Beat, my favorite manga series to date. Just finished: 5 Centimeters per Second, a melancholy romance about people who love too deeply. A beautiful story, but what is it about Japanese endings that it isn't worth telling unless it makes your soul hurt?

WATCHING:

Leverage Season 4, one of the best shows ever. Although if they were to replace Nate and Sophie, it most certainly wouldn't be the end of the world (Elliot, Parker, and Hardison totally make the show). Also watching the last season of Eureka - loved the "Smarter Carter" episode. And then I'm re-watching the 2nd season of White Collar, the 1st season of Human Target, the 2nd season of Sherlock, and random episodes of the 1st-3rd seasons of Leverage. Just finished: Warehouse 13, another awesomesauce show. Gotta have some variety, and television is my movies. :)

WRITING:

Project BW: I have a huge stack of research books from the library, the first few chapters are written and the first 3rd sort-of outlined, most of the main players are in place, and the world is coming along nicely. I'm even generating a few ideas for the 2nd book.
Project VFinally called for my attention again, so I printed out what I have so far and am reading through it to see if my interest truly sparks. So far I'm pleasantly surprised with how good it is. I really would like to pick it back up, so fingers crossed it sticks.

PLANNING:

Nano2012 for my East Valley Region! I've got bigger plans this year, especially for October. I let time get away from me, though, so now I'm in a bit of a mad rush to get everything moving. Never put off today what you really should have done a month ago.

That's it for me. What are you "currently" up to?

4 comments:

  1. Baha! I love this list of highly important things you are up to. Because they are! :) Also, you say Skip Beat is your favorite manga? I think I just decided that will be my next one to read. I'd already had my eye on it as one I wanted to read. Yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skip Beat is AWESOME, a definite read! Be forewarned, though - there are 28 volumes and counting! And I DEFINITELY recommend Kamisama Kiss as well.

      Delete
  2. I keep hearing Leverage is awesome, maybe it's time I finally break down and watch it. I'm currently watching Supernatural, and it's *fantastic*!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DO break down and watch it, do! It's SO good. And if you like Supernatural, definitely give Warehouse 13 a try - it is AWESOME. Claudia Donovan alone is worth watching it for. And all the artifacts, for that matter!

      Delete