Sunday, September 16, 2012

Currently...Mediating

Another entry for my "Currently..." segment, in which I let you know what I'm currently up to on a number of highly important topics.

I AM CURRENTLY...

READING:

Novels: Shadowland by Meg Cabot, the first book in The Mediator series. I've been dealing with Restless Reading Syndrome again, but when I suddenly thought of them I got really excited - even though I've already read them twice. ;) I've been trying to get through Defiance by C.J. Redwine, but I've gotten to the point where I'm seething with frustration and don't want to pick it up anymore. No idea why, but it's the characters, for some reason.
MangaxxxHolic series. It was time for another re-read. So good. Highly recommend.

WATCHING:

TV: Person of Interest Season 1. One of the best shows ever - can't wait for the 2nd Season to start later this month. Also Castle Season 4, the other best show ever. :) And for a little splash of comedy, Hot in Cleveland Season 2. Don't judge.
Movies: Just finished Mirror Mirror, which if you overlook the stupid beginning and ending (a Bollywood musical number to close, seriously?), it was pretty good. The set and costumes were amazing, and the mirror world and puppets were original and awesome.

WRITING:

Fell out of the habit of writing (so easy to do) and couldn't get back to it for several weeks. I literally forgot how, which was a little scary. But happily I'm back at it, and making some progress!

Project P: It is once more in play! I am halfway through Day 1 (the middle part is broken into 7 Days), and it's going well. Am currently at just over 31K. For the next scene I am researching New Museum and climbing gear. Spoilers. ;)
Project V: I have shelved it once again. So close, yet so far. One day, one day...

PLANNING:

Aside for a few snags, my Nano2012 East Valley Region planning is coming along nicely. I have several new programs lined up for October, including a Q&A panel (which I will be on, gulp) and a Story 101 workshop I'm putting together with two awesome local authors. Breaking down the basic elements of writing is hard (especially for three discovery writers), but hopefully we'll be able to pull it off well enough. I also have four local authors lined up for pep talks (they are so awesome, squeezing us into their super-busy schedules!), so we're in for a star-studded November. ;) Thank goodness I have 100 tiny plastic ninjas helping me, though, or I'd never get it all done in time!

That's it for me. What are you "currently" up to?

1 comment:

  1. Glad the writing came back! :) It sounds like you are busy and have a lot of great stuff going on. I am busy writing, drawing, and getting stuff done on my blog. Have a wonderful week!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete