Saturday, March 16, 2013

Stacking the Shelves (3/16/13)


Time for another Stacking the Shelves, hosted by Tynga's Reviews, where I share the books that I've added to my shelves this week:


RECEIVED FOR REVIEW
Loki's Wolves (The Blackwell Pages, #1)
  • Loki's Wolves by K.L. Armstrong & M.A. Marr (ARC) - Being billed as the next Percy Jackson - we shall see.

TRADED
Poison
  • Poison by Bridget Zinn (ARC) - Really looking forward to this one! I hear it's awesome. 


PURCHASED - NEW
D.Gray-man, Vol. 23
  • D. Gray-man v. 23 by Katsura Hoshino (PBK) - I had stopped collecting this series, but Allen in clown makeup was too awesome not to own. And it was 1/2 off on B&N.com PLUS I had a 20% coupon. How could I possibly resist?


PURCHASED - USED
Matched (Matched, #1)Vanished: When Lightning Strikes & Code Name CassandraDengeki Daisy , Vol. 9Game X Rush, Volume 1 (Game X Rush, #1)Feedback (Variant, #2)Red Glove (Curse Workers, #2)
  • Matched by Ally Condie (PBK) - Found a nice copy at Goodwill! MINE.
  • Vanished by Meg Cabot (PBK) - Books 1 & 2 of the 1-800-Where-R-You Series - loved these when I read them a few years back. Another Goodwill snag - just couldn't help myself.
  • Dengeki Daisy v. 9 by Kyousuke Motomi (PBK) - I stopped collecting it full-price, but couldn't resist it half price at a used bookstore.
  • Game X Rush v. 1 by Mizuho Kusanagi (PBK) - Even though it's a Tokyopop title and I'm doomed never to read the full series, it's bodyguards and assassins - and at half price it couldn't be helped.
  • Feedback (Variant #2) by Robison Wells (ARC) - I haven't read Variant yet, but I thought maybe I might like the series. And how was I supposed to resist it on clearance with a 30% off coupon?
  • Red Glove (Curseworkers #2) by Holly Black (HBK) - I'd rather have it in paperback, but I love the original covers and as the new cover is on the paperback, so a compromise had to be made. Besides, it was less than $3.
(NOTE: Yes, I am one of those used/coupon/sale gals. I'm not ashamed of it - I have to be frugal. And as seen this week, it can pay off eventually if you're patient enough! :)

So what books did you add to your shelves this week?

1 comment: