Friday, June 21, 2013

The Friday Review (6/21/13)

Welcome to The Friday Review, a weekly segment where I share what I've been reading!

Tandem (Many-Worlds, #1)IndigoWhat We Found in the Sofa and How it Saved the World

CURRENTLY READING:
Tandem by Anna Jarzab (ARC - Releases 10/8/13)
Good but long, even though it only takes place over seven days. It has the feel of high fantasy because the parallel world is run by monarchies, but it is definitely more science fiction with its slightly advanced technology.

JUST FINISHED:
Indigo by Gina Linko (ARC - Releases 10/22/13)
DNF halfway through. The story was too much contemporary and too little supernatural for me. In addition, the plot was slow, the description overbearing, and the dialogue lacking. I'm sure many will like it, but I prefer my books with more going on.

READING NEXT: 
What We Found In the Sofa and How It Saved the World by Henry Clark
(ARC - Releases 7/13)
After the heavy feel of Tandem, I am desperate for something quick and fun, and what better way to fill the need than with Middle Grade? This sounds so absurd that I think I will like it.


So what are you reading this week?

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, that middle grade book looks like a lot of fun! And I love the title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hope Tandem isn't TOO heavy for me then because it looks amazing! I always do need a light book after that sort of book as well :) It looks fun!

    ReplyDelete