Friday, September 6, 2013

The Friday Reads Review (9/6/13)




Welcome to The Friday Reads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week!


Crewel (Crewel World, #1)Obsidian (Lux, #1)The Liberator (Dante Walker, #2)

>> CURRENTLY READING <<

Crewel by Jennifer Albin (ARC)
Finally made time for this one! So far it's proving highly imaginative and engaging. 


>> JUST FINISHED <<

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Pbk - Purchased)
After hearing her name everywhere, I finally tried Armentrout. The plot reminded me much too much of Twilight, but it wasn't too bad a read. Review to come.


>> READING NEXT <<

The Liberator by Victoria Scott (Pbk - Library)
I loved Dante in The Collector (review to post on Monday), so I look forward to seeing how the bad boy's story continues!


>> (STILL) IN LIMBO <<

The Ward by Jordana Frankel (ARC)
Spellfall by Katherine Roberts (ARC)


>> (FINALLY MARKED) DNF <<

Rush by Eve Silver (ARC)
After a month of avoiding it like the plague, I have officially admitted defeat. While I left the bookmark in, the book has been officially shelved until I'm brave (or possibly stupid) enough to try it again. I can't bring myself to part with it just yet - perhaps I was simply having a bad month...? (Yeah. Right.)


So what are you reading this week?

2 comments:

  1. I didn't like Obsidian much either. I didn't really see the Twilight thing, but it felt like a really drawn out episode of Roswell. Not a bad thing, just not something that I felt like I needed to be reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to read The Collector.

    This week it's gonna be:
    The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay
    Burn (Breathless #3) by Maya Banks
    Brooklyn Love by Yael Levy

    Plus some e-ARC's

    ReplyDelete