Saturday, December 13, 2014

Are My Reviews Helpful?



Are my reviews helpful?
If yes, how? If no, why?
Do they spoil things?

I originally started breaking my reviews into sections (Writing, Setting, Story, Characters, etc.) because it made them easier to write, but as of late it's been proving more hindrance than help. And then I got to thinking: is the breakdown helpful for you when considering a book? Is it too much information? Does it spoil things? Does it make for too long a review? Or is there not enough of the information you're looking for? 

What kind of reviews do you prefer?
What information do you want from a review?

Do you prefer Strengths & Weaknesses / Pros & Cons reviews? Or string of thought reviews? Or reviews with only a few short and sweet paragraphs? What kind of information do you want from a review?

Please leave your thoughts in the comments, and don't be afraid to be honest! If my reviews aren't really all that helpful (and especially if I'm spoiling things!), I'd really like to know. Thank you! :)


(P.S. Blogger comments can be fritzy. I recommend copying your comment before trying to post it, just in case it gets eaten. If it does get eaten, refresh the page, paste and try again!)

No comments:

Post a Comment