Friday, January 30, 2015

The #FridayReads Review (1/30/15)



Welcome to The Friday Reads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own Friday Reads Review on your blog, and then leave the link in the Comments below!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
Thursdays with the Crown (Castle Glower, #3)The Story of Libraries: From the Invention of Writing to the Computer AgeKiss of the Rose Princess, Vol. 1

Thursdays with the Crown by Jessica Day George (ARC)
I'm interested to find out the origins of the Castle, but after being a bit disappointed with Wednesdays I have lower expectations.

The Story of Libraries by Fred Lerner (PBK)
Sometimes when I get RRS (Restless Reading Syndrome, which I currently have in spades), it's because I need a rare infusion of non-fiction. So when I stumbled on this at the library I decided it was time to give my second favorite subject a deeper study! Several pages in so far and thoroughly absorbed.

Kiss of the Rose Princess Vol. 1 by Aya Shouoto (PBK)
I've heard good things so I grabbed the first volume from the library. It's your basic average girl discovers she's a princess with the power to control all the beautiful boys in her school in order to battle the demon lord. So far, not impressed.


>> JUST FINISHED <<
Wednesdays in the Tower (Castle Glower #2)A Bride's Story, Vol. 05A Bride's Story, Vol. 6

Wednesdays in the Tower by Jessica Day George (ARC)
Sadly not as good as Tuesdays. I loved delving into the mystery of the Castle, but the griffin thread was a little dull for me. Still, after the cliffhanger ending I will be going straight into Thursdays. Review to come.

A Bride's Story Vol. 5 & Vol. 6 by Kaoru Mori (HBK)
LOVE this series, and these new volumes exceeded my expectations! Vol. 5 had me in stitches as the twins ordered their new husbands around at the wedding, and Vol. 6 saw a lot of intense action and familial angst. I re-read Vols. 1-4 before tackling these since it'd been a while and discovered I really need to own them - they're just that good!


>> READING NEXT <<
The Seven Deadly Sins 6
The Seven Deadly Sins Vol. 6 by Nakaba Suzuki (PBK)
With my serious case of RRS I can only definitively say that I'll be reading manga, and since I enjoy this series I know I'll be reading this volume soon. Hopefully I'll have more on the novel front next week.


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment