Friday, February 19, 2016

The #FridayReads Review (2/19/16)



Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
Raging Sea (Undertow, #2)
Raging Sea by Michael Buckley (ARC)
While I found the first book (Undertow) a thrilling and engrossing story, this sequel has been a disappointing torture of a read due to the characters complete lack of common sense and ingenuity. I persevered though, and I think things finally took a turn for the better at Chapter 13. Fingers crossed it doesn't turn back.


>> JUST FINISHED <<
The Scrivener’s BonesFirst Love Monster, Vol. 2 (First Love Monster, #2)

The Scrivener's Bones by Brandon Sanderson (HBK)
5 Stars. Another excessively exciting and entertaining episode in the Alcatraz saga! Could not put it down and wish I had the next book on hand. Review to come!

First Love Monster vol. 2 by Akira Hiyoshimaru (PBK)
2 Stars. While I relatively enjoyed the first volume, this second was sadly too weird and kinky for me. Will not be continuing the series.


>> READING NEXT <<
Love Fortunes and Other Disasters (Grimbaud, #1)QQ Sweeper, Vol. 2

Love Fortunes & Other Disasters by Kimberly Karalius (ARC)
In desperate need of some fluff so I'm finally trying my very first Swoon Reads!

QQ Sweeper vol. 2 by Kyousuke Motomi (PBK)
Really enjoyed the first volume so I'm excited to see how this series develops!


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment