Wednesday, August 3, 2016

WoW: Starfall (Melissa Landers)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blogging event hosted by Breaking the Spine, in which one spotlights an upcoming release they are eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:


Starfall (Starflight #2)
Title: Starfall
Author: Melissa Landers
Release Date: February 7, 2017
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Summary:
When Princess Cassia Rose fled her home world of Eturia to escape an arranged marriage to a bloodthirsty prince and prevent a coup, she had no idea her sudden departure would spark a war. Now after two years hiding as a lowly ship hand, she finally has the chance to return home and make peace, but not in the way she imagined. Shackled by bounty hunters, she is violently dragged back to account for her crimes. Her only solace is that the Banshee crew managed to evade capture, including Kane Arric, her best friend... with occasional benefits.

Meanwhile, Kane and the rest of the crew of the Banshee, including Solara and Doran, are planning a desperate rescue mission. But when they arrive on Eturia, they find Cassia ruling her home planet, having imprisoned the rogue prince who would have overthrown her family. Deep down, Kane knows that Cassia can't rule her world and be with the bastard son of a business man, but he's also sure she returns his feelings, and that makes the circumstances all the more painful. When the outer realms are threatened by the dangerous Zhang mafia, Cassia, Kane and the rest of the Banshee crew rally to protect the population from widespread enslavement. The reunion forces Cassia to consider who her true family is and if she can live without the boy who has been there for her through thick and thin.

Why I'm Looking Forward To It: With Melissa's UNITED releasing yesterday (see my blitz post here) I was reminded of her next upcoming title, STARFALL, the sequel to STARFLIGHT, my no contest favorite read this year! (See my review here for proof.) STARFLIGHT was exactly what I look for in sci-fi, my favorite genre, so you can imagine I'm seriously excited for the sequel!!


So what book are you waiting on?

4 comments:

  1. Great pick! I still haven't read the first book, but I hope I can get around to it sometime this year XD I hope you love it ^_^

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definitely on my TBR list and I plan to pre-order it. I enjoyed reading Starflight and cannot wait to read the companion novel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't started the first book in this series, but I love the Alienated series, and have to get my hands on United!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, there's something YA needs more of: sci-fi! I hope you enjoy.

    Leeanna.me: WoW

    ReplyDelete