Friday, January 27, 2017

The #FridayReads Review (1/27/17)



Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
The Crown's Game (The Crown's Game, #1)
The Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye (ARC)
Another slow reading week but I have less than 50 pages to go and wow what an amazing read this book has been! Solid writing, vivid characters and world, unique magic, and a near-end twist I did not see coming at all. Wishing I had the second book on hand to go straight into when I finish this weekend, I don't want it to end. T-T


>> JUST FINISHED <<
Yona of the Dawn, Vol. 3
Yona of the Dawn vol. 3 by Mizuho Kusanagi (PBK)
3 Stars. Finally the magic has appeared!! It's still a well-used plot, even and especially now that the magic has been added, but I'm intrigued enough to try another volume.


>> [POSSIBLY] READING NEXT <<
(subject to change with my ever-shifting reading whims)
Noragami: Stray God, Vol. 17
Noragami: Stray God vol. 17 by Adachitoka (PBK)
After powering through six backlogged volumes earlier this month I'm excited to return to the battle vol. 16 ended in the middle of!


So what are you reading this week?

2 comments:

  1. Ever the Hunted by Erin Summerill, and Fruits Baskets by Natsuki Takaya. Enjoying both of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately Ever the Hunted wasn't for me, but I am a longtime fan of Fruits Basket - glad to hear you're enjoying both! :)

      Delete