Friday, March 3, 2017

The #FridayReads Review (3/3/17)



Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
The Marked Girl (Marked Girl, #1)Honey So Sweet, Vol. 5

The Marked Girl by Lindsey Klingele (ARC)
I'd been interested in getting to this one for a while now, so I finally just picked it up. While not quite as good as I'd hoped I was enjoying it for a while, but around the 70% mark my novel reading mood waned and I've set it aside to catch up on manga the past few days. I do plan to finish it soon, though!

Honey So Sweet vol. 5 by Amu Meguro (PBK)
Catching up on a few manga series! Just finished vol. 4 so straight into vol. 5. Had a bit of a hard time recalling what happened in vol. 3 but this continues to be a sweet teen romance series, and I'm especially enjoying this volume!


>> JUST FINISHED <<
World Trigger, Vol. 13Seven Princes of the Thousand Year Labyrinth, Vol. 1

World Trigger vol. 13 by Daisuke Ashihara (PBK)
2 Stars. Sadly skimmed most of it - too many characters to keep straight, and the Rank Wars have gotten WAY too complicated and technical to keep me engaged. Really like the main story so I may skim the rest of the Rank Wars arc to get back to the Neighbors fighting, but right now my interest is low.

Seven Princes of the Thousand Year Labyrinth vol. 1 by Yu & Haruno (PBK)
5 Stars. Randomly grabbed this from the library with extremely low expectations and to my shock I thoroughly enjoyed it! Love the cast of characters (which were expertly introduced at a perfect pace) and their dynamics. The labyrinth twist to the fantastical locked room mystery setting makes for awesome traps and puzzles. The mystery itself is layered but simple enough to thoroughly engage me, and the lack of background on everyone and everything keeps me constantly guessing. Add to all that the dazzling and handsome artwork and I can't think of a single weakness - this volume completely delivered and I cannot wait to get my hands on the next volume!


>> [POSSIBLY] READING NEXT <<
(subject to change with my ever-shifting reading whims)
A Bride's Story, Vol. 7 (A Bride's Story, #7)
A Bride's Story vol. 7 by Kaoru Mori (HBK)
Another manga series I need to catch up on! Have vol. 8 as well. 


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment