Friday, October 13, 2017

The #FridayReads Review (10/13/17)



Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
A Semi-Definitive List of Worst Nightmares
A Semi-Definitive List of Worst Nightmares by Krystal Sutherland (ARC)
Back to this and despite the language, heavier issues, and impending dread I'm enjoying it. It's certainly a unique and engaging story, and I seriously love that cover.


>> ON HOLD <<
Frogkisser!
Frogkisser! by Garth Nix (PBK)
Started out really good but after the quest started things surprisingly slowed and I've had a hard time maintaining interest. Set it aside to finish Semi-Definitive and will see if I want to return afterwards.


>> JUST FINISHED <<
Barakamon, Vol. 13
Barakamon vol. 13 by Satsuki Yoshino (PBK)
5 Stars. The more I get to know the characters and become invested in their stories, the more delightful this series becomes! A quirky and relaxing contemporary read I highly recommend.


>> [POSSIBLY] READING NEXT <<
(subject to change with my ever-shifting reading whims)
Ash Princess
Ash Princess by Laura Sebastian (ARC)
Snagged this from my library book group cart and will be giving it a try next. Part of me is intrigued but we'll see...


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment