Friday, June 21, 2019

The #FridayReads Review (6/21/19)



Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
Roar (Stormheart, #1)
Roar by Cora Carmack (ARC)
The street team challenges are starting and my sieve brain can barely recall the main character's name so it's time for my re-read! Just started last night so only on the first chapter, but I'd forgotten just how good it is - solid writing, engaging magic, I'm really going to enjoy this!


>> PAUSED <<
The Dire King (Jackaby #4)
The Dire King by William Ritter (PBK)
I couldn't get into anything else earlier this week so I decided to finish this series, but while I really enjoyed the rest of the books I've surprisingly struggled with this one. I'm currently halfway through and most of it has been rather dull buildup to the climax with jumbled random bits and so much chatting/infodumping that I'm bored and don't feel like pushing through. I would like to finish someday but at the moment I don't care if I do so I'm setting it aside for other more immediately interesting reads.


>> JUST FINISHED <<
Seriously Wicked (Seriously Wicked, #1)Maybe This Time

Seriously Wicked by Tina Connolly (ARC)
4.5 Stars. This was a seriously fun read that I cannot believe I waited this long to devour! All magic and snark and a dragon in the garage. Already ordered the second book from my local indie and can't wait to read it soon. Review to come.

Maybe This Time by Kasie West (ARC)
4 Stars. Like Sophie with Andrew I didn't get along with this book at first, but as they grew on each other so did they grow on me and I'm now very glad I read it. You can read my full review here.


>> [POSSIBLY] READING NEXT <<
(subject to change with my ever-shifting reading whims)
Rage (Stormheart, #2)
Rage by Cora Carmack (ARC)
I was lucky enough to trade for an ARC so I'll probably go straight into the sequel once I finish my first book re-read!


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment