Friday, March 6, 2020

The #FridayReads Review (3/6/20)



Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
Nosatsu Junkie, Volume 5
Nosatsu Junkie vol. 5 by Ryoko Fukuyama (PBK)
I haven't felt much like fiction the past few weeks, so I've been reading a lot of non-fiction and manga. This romantic comedy about teen models - one of them a cross-dressing sadist, the other a timid but determined girl with a scary face who discovers his secret - is one of my favorite unfinished in the US (*SOB*) series by the author of the uber-popular Anonymous Noise. Hoping that means a US publisher will pick the series back up soon, because re-reading the first six volumes has reminded me just how fun and flirty and fantastic it is and I want to finish the story!!


>> JUST FINISHED <<
The Ancient Magus' Bride, Vol. 12The Man Who Loved Books Too Much

The Ancient Magus' Bride vol. 12 by Kore Yamazaki (PBK)
3 Stars. Surprisingly disappointed. Most of the volume was spent over-discussing emotions and not defining relationships. Luckily the last chapter returned to the magic and magical world I read for and I'm thankfully looking forward to the next volume. 

The Man Who Loved Books Too Much by Allison Hoover Bartlett (PBK)
3 Stars. This was an interesting look at the world of book collecting from a different perspective than the typical bibliophile, but it would've been better as a short series of articles than an entire rambling book. Review to come.


>> [POSSIBLY] READING NEXT <<
(subject to change with my ever-shifting reading whims)
Honor Lost (The Honors, #3)
Honor Lost by Rachel Caine & Ann Aguirre (HBK)
After LOVING the first book (review), I wasn't as impressed with the second (reviewand barely recall what happened in it. But my library hold came in so I'll at least give it a try.


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment