Friday, August 21, 2020

The #FridayReads Review (8/21/20)



Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!



>> CURRENTLY READING <<
Midnight Sun (Twilight, #5)
Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer (HBK)
I read Twilight shortly after it released 15 years ago and remember enjoying it at the time (granted I was vampire obsessed with the rest of the book world), so naturally I had to try this retelling from Edward's point-of-view (from the library, of course). Currently about 200 (of 660) pages in and it's proving a very long, very heavy (it is a literal brick, ugh) fanfic that is mostly tortured internal monologue and contradictory dialogue. Presently wading through one of the longest single scenes in the history of ever, but at least it's not just Edward alone with his thoughts. Despite being a minor torture and crushing weight it's not the worst thing I've ever read, so I'm determined to see it through to the end. Possible review to come if I survive.


>> JUST FINISHED <<
City of Ghosts (Cassidy Blake, #1)
City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab (PBK)
4.5 Stars. A spirited middle-grade paranormal suspense with a brisk pace, atmospheric setting, and compelling story. Eager to continue the series with the next book soon! Read my full paragraph review here.



>> [POSSIBLY] READING NEXT <<
(subject to change with my ever-shifting reading whims)
Love and Lies 1Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku, Vol 1 (Otakoi: Otaku Can't Fall in Love?!)
Love & Lies by Musawo (PBK)
Wotakoi by Fujita (PBK)
Two new manga series to try from the library!


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment