Sunday, November 20, 2011

Nano Day 20: 35K & Change

Dear Diary,

I apologize for the radio silence the past few days, but I wanted to make as much progress as possible before they figure out where I have gone.

I am happy to report that my progress is very good. I believe I am under the cell wall now, but shall proceed several more feet before I begin tunneling up. I most certainly do not want to emerge still inside the walls - or, worse, pop up into an abandoned cell where they will never know to deliver an evening meal. As it is I subsist on old crusts of bread, bits of cheese, a bottle of water, and a party pack of Smarties I was given for "good behavior."


Little did they know that their reward would subsist me through this ultimate betrayal. Good behavior indeed...

Yours no longer behind bars,

Inner Editor



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~



Nano, Day 20

Productive Write-Out yesterday - which was good because I got nothing written Friday and feared today's required word count. But yesterday got me past today's count.

And as of today, despite a carry-over migraine from yesterday, I am now caught up to Tuesday, so if for some reason I cannot write at work (and my boss would do that to me, just because I think she won't), I can skip tomorrow if need be.

As for my story, they have the terrorist for trade, but now the boy has been kidnapped. Holy conflict Batman! As I am over 35K I decided to just hit the major scenes, and if I come up short word-wise after the story ends I'll figure it out then. But I have to: make the trade for the boy, make the trade for the spy dad, then a big HQ scene, then the spy dad goes and rescues the assistant. I figure that should fill 15K, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment