Friday, November 4, 2011

Nano, Day 4: Mad Typing - Typing Mad

Dear Diary,

After I was unable to decipher the chicken scratch the last captive called writing scrawled on the walls of my cell, I returned to perusing the horrid books allotted me yesterday. But after several hours I could no longer stomach any more and began playing word games with them instead.

I have discovered that if you string together every two-hundred and twelfth word from each book, it says: "Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like coleslaw?" Most intriguing.

I requested a random number from the captor who brought me dinner, and he has offered seven-hundred and six. I am most eager to see what intriguing new insight it will bring me.

I also requested coleslaw, but he was not as forthcoming with the side dish.

Hot like coleslaw,
Inner Editor

P.S. It turned out that the last captive of my cell was, in fact, a chicken. And therefore the writing on the wall is, in fact, chicken scratch.


~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~


Nano, Day 4

Woke this morning feeling like Nano had been going on forever already and was it ever going to end? This is a normal feeling for me in the first week though, since as an ML my Nano cycle begins in mid-August, scheduling locations and preparing activities. But I think some of it can also be attributed to my unease with my story. Third-person is being so difficult!

But I hand-wrote a few more pages at lunch, and although I'm now sporting a major headache for my troubles I got it all typed up and counted all nice and proper. And despite its difficulty, my story she is relatively a-flowing.

Not quite at word count - better get to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment