Saturday, February 2, 2013

Last Month I Discovered... I Can't Do Everything (Unfortunately)

Last month was truly a matter of discovery for me. There are so many things I plan to do this year, and in January I ran myself into the ground trying to start all of them. Needless to say, I discovered that I can't actually do All the Things - but I can do most of them, if I schedule myself.

Unfortunately, scheduling myself is not something I'm good at, so it's going to take some practice. I have declared February my "discovering the art of scheduling" month, so bear with me until I get the hang of it.


Further Things I Discovered Last Month:
  • Daily To-Do List: I hung a small whiteboard beside my door and at the end of every day I note the following day's must-dos on it to check off. This has proved very helpful - I used to wander about the house, knowing I needed to do something but with no idea what. Now I always have something to do - and more importantly, something that needs doing that day!
  • Book Review? Write it IMMEDIATELY: The past two books I've read, I wrote the review immediately after finishing the book. I usually struggle with reviews, but when I use this method I breeze through the First Draft in under a half-hour. If you review, I highly recommend this method.
  • Editing Takes HARD WORK: And a LOT of drafts. But in the end, it's worth it. I hope.

So what did you discover last month?

No comments:

Post a Comment