Friday, April 11, 2014

The Friday Reads Review (4/11/14)




Welcome to The Friday Reads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own Friday Reads Review on your blog, and then leave the link in the Comments below!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
The Boy on the Porch
The Boy on the Porch by Sharon Creech (ARC)
Needed a short and quick read to tide me over until I get my hands on Rebel Belle (see "Reading Next" below), so I grabbed this thin Juv/MG story. It's oddly written - stark and choppy - but I'm intrigued enough to give it a go.


>> JUST FINISHED <<
Fool Me TwiceWings (Wings, #1)

Fool Me Twice by Mandy Hubbard (ARC)
A great disappointment - not at all what I was expecting. I did not approve of them getting back together, and although fun the pranks really made no sense. Review to come.

Wings by Aprilynne Pike (Pbk)
While a definitely original spin on mythical creatures and legend lore, the writing was a bit of a rollercoaster, and I wasn't a fan of the two romances. I'm not much for faeries and trolls though, so it may have just been me. 


>> READING NEXT <<
Rebel Belle
Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins (Hbk)
Picking this up from the library tomorrow afternoon and will have to rush to read it before seeing her at my local indie Tuesday evening! Luckily her books are quick, fun reads!

So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment