Friday, April 18, 2014

The Friday Reads Review (4/18/14)




Welcome to The Friday Reads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own Friday Reads Review on your blog, and then leave the link in the Comments below!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
The Chapel Wars
The Chapel Wars by Lindsey Levitt (ARC)
Couldn't resist requesting this from the publisher - a Vegas wedding chapel sounds like the perfect setting for a YA novel! The author will be visiting in May for the First Loves Tour, along with Jillian Cantor (Searching for Sky) and Emery Lord (Open Road Summer). I have these galleys as well, so expect May to be the month of Bloomsbury reviews!


>> JUST FINISHED <<
The Boy on the PorchRebel Belle

The Boy on the Porch by Sharon Creech (ARC)
It made me cry! A heartwarming tale of the rewards of loving a child that is not your own (and foster care). But told from the adult couple's point of view, I'm confused how it's a children's book. Guess I just don't read them enough? *shrug* Review to come.

Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins (Hbk)
Powered through this over the weekend to meet the author...and then never got to go. T-T Still, with a girl who can seriously kick butt, a cute boy who can (sort of) see the future, and lots of magic and Southern fun, Rachel Hawkins' latest book did not disappoint! Review to come.


>> READING NEXT <<
Got a few options up next to choose from...

Searching for SkyOpen Road SummerThe Program (The Program, #1)

Searching for Sky by Jillian Cantor (ARC)
Another First Loves Tour author. This sounds a little out of my reading comfort zone, but that only excites me more to dive in!

Open Road Summer by Emery Lord (ARC)
The last of the First Loves Tour authors. I have heard nothing but AMAZING things about it, so I'm definitely read to dig in soon.

The Program by Suzanne Young (Hbk)
She'll be visiting in May with Aprilynne Pike (May is going to The Month of Authors!), so it's about time I got around to reading this apparently awesomesauce book.


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment