Friday, August 8, 2014

The Friday Reads Review (8/8/14)



Welcome to The Friday Reads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own Friday Reads Review on your blog, and then leave the link in the Comments below!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
I just finished The Rithmatist last night (see below), so I'm going into a new day without a read! In my priority stack are Not In the Script by Amy Finnegan, Tabula Rasa by Kristen Lippert-Martin, Mind Games by Kiersten White, and a re-read of Relax, I'm a Ninja by Natalie Whipple. What to read, what to read...


>> JUST FINISHED <<
The Rithmatist (Rithmatist, #1)
The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson (ARC)
I must begin by saying it was first and foremost a mystery, and mysteries just aren't my thing. That said, it seemed a well plotted mystery, with a very engaging climax. The end was the best part, when we FINALLY saw some action - the rest of the book focused too much on building the mystery and explaining the complexities of an actually rather simple magic system for me. Up until the last scene I hadn't imagined I would continue the series, but the last scene changed my mind considerably with the promise of much less mystery and much more action in the future. At least, I hope so. Review to come.


>> READING NEXT <<

Since I don't even know what I'm reading now, I have even less of a clue what I'm reading next! Decisions, decisions...


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment