Saturday, September 27, 2014

Small Screen Review (9/21/14-9/27/14)



I watch quite a bit of telly. More than I should, really. But television is my preferred eating companion (a bad habit, I know), and there are some amazing stories, especially on the small screen, that just shouldn't be missed.

So since I watch as much television as I read books, I thought I should start "reviewing" what I watch each week, both television and movies (I only watch movies on DVD at home - long story). Nothing fancy, just a few sentences about what I thought of what I watched. (I'll try to avoid spoilers, but no promises.) I hope you enjoy this new feature, and do comment below with your thoughts on the shows!

THIS WEEK

Television: The Fall 2014 Season has begun with the return of some favorites and the premieres of what have promised to be some awesome new shows! And my one summer show ends (FINALLY).

Movies: This week just a sequel recap and a previously inspiring re-watch.

TELEVISION

PREMIERES

Gotham: Not quite as good as I was hoping, but still pretty awesome. I'm all about comic book reinterpretations, so I'll be continuing this no doubt.

</Scorpion>: I'd expected pretty good things, but this exceeded my expectations! A lot more action than I ever imagined. Definitely in for as long as it lasts.

Forever: (2 episodes) SO. GOOD. Love the premise and the characters (well, the guys anyway - on the fence about the woman, she's a little forgettable). Praying the ridiculously plain name doesn't drag it down and this continues for seasons to come!

How To Get Away With Murder: While quite thrilling, it's just not for me. Will be passing.

RETURNING

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: THEY HAD LUCY LAWLESS BUT DIDN'T KEEP HER *SOB* That aside, as above: comic book reinterpretations = I'm all over it so I'm in for another season! Not much for the new guys (they're too forgettable for me), but loving the new Ward/Skye dynamic (and yes, every time they say her name it makes me flinch).

Person of Interest: Just as awesome and kick-arse as ever! Goodness I love this show.

Bones: OMG they did not just do that to us in the first episode. *sobs*

ENDED

Under the Dome: It has finally ended!! *flails* For the season. *sighs* I don't know why I tortured myself with this show for yet another summer - I had to force myself to watch half the episodes. One can only watch reruns of their favorite shows so many times in a year, I guess - I needed something new. Will I be watching Season 3? No. ... Well, okay, maybe the first episode, just to see where "home" is. We'll see how desperate for new television I am next summer, though.

MOVIES

RE-WATCH

The Adventures of Spider-Man (library): We watched the 2nd one (which sadly wasn't very good) and couldn't remember what had happened in the first one. Recognized some of it but not much (I have a horrific memory), and it was a lot better than I thought it would be considering the 2nd one. Still think I prefer the original trilogy, though.

Transformers (own): I've found this movie inspiring as a writer, for some reason. Or I used to. This time around I found it kind of ridiculous. Still, it was entertaining enough.


So that's it for this week! What did you watch?

No comments:

Post a Comment