Sunday, October 18, 2015

Small Screen Review (10/11/15-10/17/15)



Back for the 2015 fall lineup, it's Small Screen Review!!

I watch quite a bit of telly. More than I should, really. So since I watch as much television as I read books, I thought I should "review" what I watch each week, both television and movies (I only watch movies on DVD at home, long story). Nothing fancy, just a few sentences about what I thought of what I watched. (I'll try to avoid spoilers, but no promises.) Comment with your thoughts on the shows!




This Week's Best Episode
iZombie

NEW SHOWS

Blindspot: Continues to be intriguing enough to continue. We're not really looking forward to the CIA story next week, but we'll continue for now.

Heroes Reborn: Dropped. :'(

Last Man Standing: The funny is strong with this one. Loved that they were (eventually) pro-homeschool, and it should prove an amusing thread for the show.

Limitless: Another exciting episode! There was a lot going on, but it worked well.

The Muppets: Manipulation and after-hours Miss Piggy made for a highly amusing episode.

The Player: Another thrill ride, but this is seriously becoming original Person of Interest. Not that that's a bad thing.

Supergirl: Series Premiere 10/26

CONTINUING SHOWS

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Not big on the government hunters but *loving* the Simmons thread!!

Bones: 
It has mostly returned to the regular setup, which I'm happy for, although it is getting a bit old for me. But Betty White next week? My mother has already made me promise to watch it with her. Also, while I'm not a Sleepy Hollow fan, I'll be interested in the crossover the week following.

Castle: Enjoy having Castle (sort of) back working with the precinct, but already we're pulling away from the awesomeness that is his PI practice and Alexis. *sigh* Also, I hope the exam won't see us losing Esposito and/or Ryan - the show would not be the same without them.

Elementary: Season Premiere 11/5

Fresh Off the Boat: This episode was okay, but last week's was leagues better. The father's "living the American dream" episodes just aren't as funny, and since the two youngest had almost no camera time this was a lesser episode for me.

Gotham: Watched one more episode. I'm really interested in Bruce's thread, but I actually find Jim and the crazy rather dull. Dropped.

The Great British Baking Show: Just when I think I've seen all the American/British differences, they do a "tray bake." How had I not heard of this before? Sad to lose the contestant we did, but it was their time.

iZombie: iZombie rules, bro! And definitely takes this week's best episode. Although the local channel was frozen, it was immediately available online so it was all good!

Master Chef Jr.: Season Premiere 11/6

Once Upon a Time: Was able to watch last week's missed episode online so I'm all caught up! So far this has been a surprisingly excellent season - I'm not big on the whole Arthur conspiracy, but Dark Emma is an awesome twist, and now Rumple? Unless this takes a seriously disappointing turn soon, I'm pretty much locked in for the season.

Person of Interest: Season Premiere Unknown

Scorpion: A pretty strong episode, finally. We'll be continuing the show for now.

DVD

Log Horizon (Collection 1): I've kind of lost interest in anime, but I enjoyed the first volume of the manga and so when I saw this at the library I couldn't help grabbing it. I've only watched one episode so far and it's pretty fun (I'm a sucker for video game stories, even though I don't play), but I don't know if it's entertaining enough to put real time into. We'll see how the next week goes.

Poirot (Series 4): I really enjoy the short episodes, but this series turned out to be all movies. Still, despite the fact that we remembered most of the twists and murders from previous viewings, Poirot never ceases to entertain.




No movies this week.


So that's it for this week! What did you watch?

1 comment:

  1. How fun! We've been watching some of these as well as Blacklist and The Voice. Love Poirot!! I can't wait to see how Supergirl goes too. I'm hoping it will be done well.

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete