Friday, November 27, 2015

The #FridayReads Review (11/27/15)



Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
The Fog Diver (The Fog Diver, #1)
The Fog Diver by Joel Ross (ARC)
I've been sick this week and apparently prefer to read Middle Grade when I'm under the weather. This one has been on my mind for a while, so after a sweet contemporary (see Just Finished below) I decided to give this dystopian adventure a try. While the writing isn't perfect it's an interesting concept with fun characters and an engaging plot - and their misconceptions of past culture and sayings make me literally laugh out loud.


>> JUST FINISHED <<
The Summer I Saved the World . . . in 65 DaysKiss Him, Not Me, Vol. 1 (Kiss Him, Not Me, #1)

The Summer I Saved the World...in 65 Days by Michele Weber Hurwitz (ARC)
3.5 Stars. A sweet if contemplative Middle Grade about a girl who discovers more about herself and others when she decides to secretly do 65 nice things for the people around her and ends up making a world of difference. It had its chuckles and its sniffles, but overall a good message of family and friendship and neighborly love with a happy ending. Read in a single sick day because I could not put it down.

Kiss Him, Not Me! vol. 1 by Junko (PBK)
4 Stars. Yet another random grab from the library that I am now glad they decided to stock! While definitely far-fetched, it's such a fun and highly amusing otaku story that I will enjoy continuing.


>> READING NEXT <<
Delirium (Delirium, #1)
Delirium by Lauren Oliver (ARC)
I'm actually already 65 pages into this, but I didn't initially realize it was mainly a romance and I have to steel myself for such things beforehand. After I finish my Middle Grade binge, I'll give it another try.


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment