Friday, May 20, 2016

The #FridayReads Review (5/20/16)



Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
The Productivity Project: Accomplishing More by Managing Your Time, Attention, and Energy
The Productivity Project by Chris Bailey (HBK)
Marissa Meyer recommended this in her e-newsletter and just by glancing at the cover I knew it was a book for me. I've taken to reading a chapter a day and I'm already feeling more motivated and engaged both at work and at home!


>> JUST FINISHED <<
Zero DayDimension W, Vol. 1

Zero Day by Jan Gangsei (HBK)
3 Stars. An engaging story with decent drama but predictable twists. Review to come.

Dimension W vol. 1 by Yuji Iwahara (PBK)
3 Stars. An interesting future story of bounty hunters, robots, and Iron Man-esque Tesla coil batteries. The art is a little more rugged than I normally prefer, but there's a lot of great detail and some cute-ish characters. While it didn't quite grab me as I'd hoped, the book ended in the middle of an engaging arc so I might try the next volume.


>> READING NEXT <<
World Trigger, Vol. 9 (World Trigger, #9)
World Trigger vol. 9 by Daisuke Ashihara (PBK)
The library finally got in the next volume! I've been really enjoying this intriguing alien action story.


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment