Friday, September 2, 2016

The #FridayReads Review (9/2/16)



Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
A Shadow Bright and Burning (Kingdom on Fire, #1)
A Shadow Bright and Burning by Jessica Cluess (ARC)
Started this last night so only on Chapter 2 but WOW what an engrossing read! The characters and magic are so rich, and although I did not expect the horror aspect it adds some interesting imagery. So far so amazing!


>> JUST FINISHED <<
The Dark Talent (Alcatraz, #5)
The Dark Talent by Brandon Sanderson (ARC)
4.5 Stars. After finding the fourth book a bit disappointing, I was stoked when this fifth book turned out to be just as adventurous, witty, and engaging as the brilliant and hilarious first two books that started it all! I did not see any of the twists coming (a very rare thing for me), and the ending... well, while the opposite of what I'd been expecting, after consulting the finished copy (I read an ARC) it turned out that was not necessarily a bad thing... 
Review to come.


>> READING NEXT <<
Glitter
Glitter by Aprilynne Pike (ARC)
I beta-read an early draft of this beauty and am really excited to see how it's grown and matured!


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment