Friday, May 24, 2019

The #FridayReads Review (5/24/19)



Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
The Stars We Steal
The Stars We Steal by Alexa Donne (ARC)
Borrowed this from the library's teen ARC shelf. It's a retelling of Jane Austen's Persuasion meets "The Bachelorette in space," both of which I'm definitely recognizing. Currently a little over 70 pages in and with its familiar feel and undercurrent of intrigue I'm actually quite enjoying it.


>> JUST FINISHED <<
Aurora Rising (The Aurora Cycle, #1)Truly Madly Royally

Aurora Rising by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff (ARC)
3 Stars. Yet another last-picked team of misfits story that, although once my favorite premise, I'm now growing weary of. With its colorful team of diverse, snarky misfits and lots of action it was entertaining enough, for the most part, but overall I was not impressed with the overused plot structure they stuck to. Review to come.


Truly Madly Royally by Debbie Rigaud (ARC)
3 Stars. A cute and innocent interracial summer romance with some fun puns and banter but a very confusing rhythm. Review to come.



>> [POSSIBLY] READING NEXT <<
(subject to change with my ever-shifting reading whims)
Roar (Stormheart, #1)Ao Haru Ride, Vol. 1

Roar by Cora Carmack (ARC)
I was just accepted onto the street team, so time for a re-read!!


Ao Haru Ride vols. 1-3 by Io Sakisaka (PBK)
Getting the first 3 volumes from the library today! I really enjoyed Strobe Edge so I've been interested in trying this series.


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment