Friday, October 16, 2020

The #FridayReads Review (10/16/20)


  

Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
Snapdragon by Kat Leyh (PBK)
I've been excited by the surge in MG/YA graphic novels of late but haven't been keeping up with them as I should, so I only discovered Snapdragon last week. I just finished Part 1 of this diverse and currently contemporary story and am intrigued to find out in Part 2 if it's actually in fact magical realism...


>> JUST FINISHED <<
The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket (HBK)
3 Scribbles. Re-read. I was feeling nostalgic (as I do in the fall) and randomly thought of this series again, so I picked up the first book from the library and found myself reading the entire thing in less than 3 hours. It was both what I remembered and not, unsettling yet playful but also surprisingly really simple as it barely hints at all the layers of dark secrets to come. I vaguely recall that I got a bit bored with the later books in the series and distinctly recall that I hated the last with its depressing end, but I couldn't help but put the second book on library hold and will be curious to see how far I end up diving into this disturbing children's series now that I've begun anew. Review to come.


>> [POSSIBLY] READING NEXT <<
(subject to change with my ever-shifting reading whims)
Servamp vol. 2 by Tanaka Strike (PBK)
The first volume was surprisingly good (if a little gory) with a unique premise and engaging characters - I couldn't believe I'd never heard of the series before now! I've put the rest of the released volumes on library hold (there are currently 13, I believe?) for a serious binge very soon.


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment