Friday, October 2, 2020

The #FridayReads Review (10/2/20)


  


Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<

The Language of Ghosts by Heather Fawcett (ARC)
Decided I felt like a MG fantasy and finally started this September release. Only a few chapters in and it's a little odder than I expected, but it's certainly intriguing and I'm invested enough to continue.

A Library Miscellany by Claire Cock-Starkey (HBK)
I have a special fascination of libraries so I'm thoroughly enjoying this little book of factoids. So far I've learned about different types of libraries (including lost ones), classification systems, book thefts, fines, popular borrowed authors, Public Lending Right, the Future Library, and library philanthropist Carnegie.


>> JUST FINISHED <<
Death Marked by Leah Cypess (ARC)
2 Stars. While readable with an interesting premise, the vague setting, confused magic, forced plot, conflicted and cowardly main character, and anticlimactic end where nothing actually changed after two books of soul-searching left me very disappointed. Review to come.


>> [POSSIBLY] READING NEXT <<
(subject to change with my ever-shifting reading whims)
Waiting for Spring vol. 12 by Anashin (PBK)
Discovered I'm a few volumes behind in this series so I've acquired them from the library (not that I quite remember what the story is about...).


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment