Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Road Trip Wednesday: Mangaholic

It's time for Road Trip Wednesday, a blog carnival by YA Highway! Today's question:


What was the best book you read in September?


My answer:


While I did read a few "actual" books this month, none of them were quite up to snuff. So instead I choose the latest manga volume of the xxxHolic series by CLAMP - Volume 17, to be exact.

It is the 2nd volume in the Rô story thread, which I love even more than the original! Watanuki has taken over Yûko's wish-granting shop, but it's not as easy as she made it appear. He must learn the delicate balance between wish and payment, and master all of the new powers his inheritance has given him.

It's an amazing series by CLAMP (an all-female manga group), although most of their series are amazing! XD If you haven't given manga (Japanese comics) a chance, this is a great series to start with.

What was your favorite book this month?

2 comments:

  1. My daughter is the manga/anime/Japanophile person in our house, so I'll have to ask her if she's heard of this.

    Since you asked, my choice for the month is on my blog: www.colindsmith.com/blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of xxxHolic, but haven't really read any of it yet... I love manga, though. ^^ I'll probably get to it at some point. ;)

    ReplyDelete