Friday, January 17, 2014

The Friday Reads Review (1/17/14)




Welcome to The Friday Reads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own Friday Reads Review on your blog, and then leave the link in the Comments below!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
Erased (Altered, #2)Jonathan Strange & Mr NorrellWriting Fiction: A Guide to Narrative Craft (8th Edition)

Erased by Jennifer Rush (ARC)
Reads like a television show, which means quick and action-packed with not a word wasted. Now awaiting the sudden but inevitable betrayal...

Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke (Pbk)
I've wanted to read this book since its release, but its daunting size always left it sitting on the shelf. So when it was a choice on my college class reading list, I decided it was finally time to give it a go! So far it's quite interesting, but if you eventually see me start reading The Book Thief, know I couldn't make it through the 850 pages.

Writing Fiction: A Guide to Narrative Craft by Janet Burroway (Pbk)
I got my first class reading assignment yesterday, so I officially begin reading the textbook! It's actually pretty good, although I don't agree with all of Ms. Burroway's opinions (we've already exchanged several insults).


>> JUST FINISHED <<
PandoraHearts, Vol. 19
Pandora Hearts Vol. 19 by Jun Mochizuki (Pbk)
Thank goodness Vol. 19 of this series was already released because if I'd had to wait four months after the nuclear bomb dropped at the end of Vol. 18 I may have gone all Mad Hatter up in here. Thankfully, the end of Vol. 19 treated me much better. Now awaiting Vol. 20 with great interest!


>> READING NEXT <<
Split Second (Pivot Point #2)
Split Second by Kasie West (ARC)
The sweet and wonderful @danasquare sent this lovely to me, and as Kasie is one of my favorite authors I can't wait to get started!!


So what are you reading this week?

2 comments: