Friday, January 1, 2016

The #FridayReads Review (1/1/16)



Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
Natsume's Book of Friends, Volume 2Happy Cafe Volume 8

Natsume's Book of Friends vol. 2 by Yuki Midorikawa (PBK)
This is a favorite series I've previously had to read out of order due to incomplete library collections, but now that I've started collecting it I finally got my hands on #2! So happy to find out how Natsume met some very important players in the rest of the series.

Happy Cafe vol. 8 by Kou Matsuzuki (PBK)
While online holiday sale shopping I discovered that before Tokyopop went under they printed one more volume in one of my favorite manga series ever. Didn't believe it actually existed until it was in my hands, and now that my year has literally been made I'm enjoying it with great relish!


>> JUST FINISHED <<
Wish You Were Italian (If Only . . ., #2)The Ancient Magus' Bride Vol. 3

Wish You Were Italian by Kristin Rae (ARC)
4 Stars. A fun and flirty teen travel romance with a common plot but relatable characters and smooth writing. Review to come.

The Ancient Magus' Bride vol. 3 by Kore Yamazaki (PBK)
5 Stars. This is one of those series that I swear is written just for me as it continues to develop almost exactly as my heart desires. Just squeaking in this takes my favorite manga volume of the year.


>> READING NEXT <<
The Nightmare Affair (The Arkwell Academy, #1)
The Nightmare Affair by Mindee Arnett (ARC)
I'm planning to tackle a lot of finished series this year, and The Arkwell Academy is one of my tops! TNA will be a re-read (for reviewing purposes), and then I finally devour the rest of the trilogy!


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment