Friday, January 8, 2016

The #FridayReads Review (1/8/16)



Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
Red Queen (Red Queen, #1)
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard (ARC)
Finally giving this a go. While the story is engaging enough to keep my interest, the plot is a seriously overused one and, while Mare does have a personality, she reads like a placeholder, a shell not physically fleshed out. I'll stick with it, though.


>> JUST FINISHED <<
Alcatraz vs. the Evil LibrariansThe Demon Prince of Momochi House, Vol. 3

Alcatraz vs. the Evil Librarians by Brandon Sanderson (ARC)
5 Stars. A clever and comical adventure with witty writing, creative characters, and a playful and ponderous plot. Loved this fourth read just as much as the first, and the reissue illustrations made a fun addition! Review to come.

The Demon Prince of Momochi House vol. 3 by Aya Shouoto (PBK)
4 Stars. This continues to be an interesting series, and I'm really excited to get my hands on vol. 4 after the last-page cliffhanger!


>> READING NEXT <<
Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)
Cinder by Marissa Meyer (ARC)
Marissa coming to my local indie in February so I really need to get on this series soon!


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment