Friday, February 28, 2014

The Friday Reads Review (2/28/14)




Welcome to The Friday Reads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own Friday Reads Review on your blog, and then leave the link in the Comments below!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke (Pbk)
Finally, I have devoted myself to this book exclusively! (Not counting manga breaks, of course.) It's a very interesting but very slow read. I have reached "Volume 2" though, so some progress is being made. But I will probably be at this book all month at the very least.


>> JUST FINISHED <<
Natsume's Book of Friends, Volume 15
Natsume's Book of Friends Vol. 15 by Yuki Midorikawa (Pbk)
This is a fascinating, quiet series that I really adore. Japanese spirits are a favorite subject of mine. I find it a bit of a heavy, solemn read, for some reason, but so good.


>> READING NEXT <<
The Winner's Curse (Winner's Trilogy, #1)
The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski (ARC)
You don't know how long I've been waiting to say this is my next read, but finally I can!! I was SUPER lucky to win an ARC, and as soon as I finish my current read I'm devouring this beauty!


So what are you reading this week?

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finally taking on Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell!!
    I bought a copy after an extremely high recommendation from a trusted friend, however I've had it on my shelf (collecting dust) now for a couple years.
    I do reeeally want to read it, so I'm definitely going to be on the lookout for your review and thoughts on this one.
    Happy Reading!

    ps I'm admittedly a little jealous of your The Winners Curse ARC... I've heard nothing but awesome things about it. Can't wait to get my hands on a copy ... I just hope it holds up to the hype!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, my Strange & Norrell copy collected dust for several years as well. I'd always wanted to read it though, so I'm happy for the excuse, even if I do feel a little forced. It's definitely a different kind of read, so my review should certainly be interesting.

      Believe me, I am no stranger to the Winner's Curse jealousy - I had it since fall until I won my copy on a purely lucky break last week. Thankfully it releases tomorrow, and everyone can finally read it! I hope it lives up to the hype too, because it looks AMAZING.

      Delete