Saturday, February 1, 2014

Stacking the Shelves: January


Enter to win a signed poster of the Avalon cover HERE!!



Time for another Stacking the Shelves, hosted by Tynga's Reviews, where I share the books that I've added to my shelves this week.

College has me bogged down in some serious homework, so from now on I'm going to do monthly STS posts instead of weekly, at least until summer. So without further ado, here's my haul for January (minus what I've already featured):



  • Impostor by Susanne Winnacker (British ARC - Won from Author) - Snagged this from the author, @SusanneWrites, during a Twitter giveaway! I'm getting a Transparent vibe from it, so I'm really excited!
  • Elusion by Claudio Gabel & Cheryl Klam (ARC - From Publisher) - It just...appeared. No idea why. But there was certainly a lot of flailing when it did! Thank you, HarperTeen! <3
  • Split Second by Kasie West (ARC - From Dana) - The wonderful @danasquare passed her ARC on to me! As Kasie is one of my favorite authors, I have already started it - and am loving it.
  • Audrey, Wait! by Robin Benway (Pbk - Purchased Used) - Been wanting to read this one for a while!
  • Vixen by Jillian Larkin (ARC - Purchased Used) - Discovered an ARC at the local library Friends bookstore and thought for fifty cents, why not?
  • The Offering by Kimberly Derting (ARC - Traded) - Got my hands on Book 3! Now to get my hands on and read Books 1 & 2...
  • Pandora Hearts Vols. 3-10 by Jun Mochizuki (Pbk - Purchased Used) - I read these from the library last month, but when I saw them half-price I just couldn't resist collecting this amazing series!
  • The Nethergrim by Mathhew Jobin (ARC - Epic Librarian) - This sounds like an epic fantasy! And I think my life needs more fantasy.
  • The Last Wild by Piers Torday (ARC - Epic Librarian) - I haven't come across many Juvenile Dystopians, so I'm really interested to try this.
  • The True Adventures of Nicolo Zen by Nicholas Christopher (ARC - Epic Librarian) - I also need more Historical in my life, and this sounds like a magical one.
  • Liv, Forever by Amy Talkington (ARC - Epic Librarian) - Ghosts at a boarding school solving their murders. Why not?
  • The Interrogation of Ashala Wolf by Ambelin Kwaymullina (ARC - Epic Librarian) - I'm honestly not quite sure what to make of this one, but I'll give it a try.
  • The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton (ARC - Epic Librarian) - Not quite sure of this one either, but I've decided 2014 is my time to try new books and genres, so onto the TBR pile this went!

So what books did you add to your shelves this week?

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had one terrific week. I like the cover for Imposter on the British version. Come check out my stack as well.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great collection!!! I can't wait to get started on Pandora like you recommended. I have to catch up with Uni work though, so it won't be for a little while =( BUT Psyren Volume 14 turned up in the post yesterday and I remembered that I pre-ordered it for the release! Yessss

    (The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender looks interesting...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One more thing, I nominated you for a blog award on my blog Star: The Alter Ego Writer, or you can click HERE for the post.

    (You can ignore the rambles and just scroll down for the rules and the questions. Congrats, and have fun!)

    ReplyDelete