Friday, October 21, 2016

The #FridayReads Review (10/21/16)



Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
Glitter
Glitter by Aprilynne Pike (ARC)
I haven't felt much like reading novels the past week or two (it happens sometimes), but with the launch party this coming Tuesday I couldn't put this beauty off any longer! So far it's been an easy and engaging read, although I occasionally find myself staring at the gorgeous cover and forgetting to actually read the book. ;)


>> JUST FINISHED <<
Handa-kun 1 (Handa-kun, #1)
Handa-kun vol. 1 by Satsuki Yoshino (PBK)
Stars. I've been really enjoying the Barakamon series, but in this prequel series teenage Handa's gloomy and defeatist demeanor is off-putting for me. While the situations and other characters are amusing, he is not. Read the first two chapters and then skimmed the rest; will sadly not continue the series.


>> [POSSIBLY] READING NEXT <<
(subject to change with my ever-shifting reading whims)
Trouble Is a Friend of Mine (Trouble, #1)
Trouble is a Friend of Mine by Stephanie Tromly (ARC)
I've been seeing ARCs of the sequel around a lot lately so it's probably about time I gave it a try! I've heard good things.


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment