Saturday, December 21, 2013

Stacking the Shelves (12/21/13)


Enter to win a SIGNED copy of 
TUMBLE & FALL by Alexandra Coutts here!!



Time for another Stacking the Shelves, hosted by Tynga's Reviews, where I share the books that I've added to my shelves this week.

I haven't posted one of these in a while, so this is a whole month's worth of new shelf candy!


DefyUnison SparkInbetween (Kissed by Death, #1)Pandora Hearts, Vol. 04Pandora Hearts, Vol. 05Pearl Pink, Vol. 04The Parasol Protectorate Boxed Set: Soulless, Changeless, Blameless, Heartless and TimelessWriting Fiction: A Guide to Narrative Craft

  • Defy by Sara B. Larson (Hbk - Won) - Won two copies from @this_is_teen during their special Christmas giveaway! Have heard both good and bad things about it, but I'm looking forward to giving it a try.
  • Unison Spark by Andy Marino (Hbk - Purchased Used) - Found this at the library Friends and thought for $1, why not?
  • Inbetween by Tara Fuller (Pbk - Purchased Used) - Found this half price. Sounds pretty good, so I splurged.
  • Pandora Hearts Vols. 4 & 5 by Jun Mochizuki (Pbk - Gifted) - Major thanks to the lovely Kristen Evey for sending these beauties my way! Now I can finally dive into the series - already planning a Vols. 1-18 Christmas book binge!
  • Pearl Pink Vol. 4 by Meca Tanaka (Pbk - Purchased New) - The last in the series - and an out of print series, I might add. Was so happy to snag a copy and finally finish the story!
  • The Parasol Protectorate Box Set by Gail Carriger (MMP - Purchased New) - Lady Gail is coming to Arizona in May, so it's time to start collecting my signing copies! First up, her adult series.
  • Writing Fiction: A Guide to Narrative Craft by Janet Burroway (Pbk - Purchased Used) - My first STS non-fiction book makes it debut! If you think it looks like a textbook, you're not wrong. Special news to come soon!

This Week on the Blog
So what books did you add to your shelves this week?

7 comments:

  1. Nice stack this week. Heard very good things about Defy. I hope you love your new books. Come check out my stack as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Volumes 8-13 of Psyren ^_^ hahaha!

    Thanks for the post! Those books are so intriguing, it's frustrating to be getting through my booklist so slowly and keep seeing new cool ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool haul. Enjoy your new additions :)

    Happy Holidays!

    My Stack

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those "Pandora Hearts" mangas sure look good. I have heard it's a good series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great eclectic haul! I basically need to read all of these, although I've never read manga or anything similar before :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've never read manga?? We need to remedy that, stat!

      Delete
    2. It's really cool, I'd recommend it! Maybe you've heard of Fruits Basket? It's very popular esp. with girls. Naruto, Bleach & One Piece for boys (but I like them too.)

      Delete