Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday: Illusive (Emily Lloyd-Jones)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blogging event hosted by Breaking the Spine, in which one spotlights an upcoming release they are eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:


Illusive
Title: Illusive
Author: Emily Lloyd-Jones
Release Date: July 15, 2014
Summary (from Goodreads):

The X-Men meets Ocean's Eleven in this edge-of-your-seat sci-fi adventure about a band of "super" criminals.

When the MK virus swept across the planet, a vaccine was created to stop the epidemic, but it came with some unexpected side effects. A small percentage of the population developed superhero-like powers. Seventeen-year-old Ciere Giba has the handy ability to change her appearance at will. She's what's known as an illusionist...She's also a thief.

After a robbery goes awry, Ciere must team up with a group of fellow super-powered criminals on another job that most would consider too reckless. The formula for the vaccine that gave them their abilities was supposedly destroyed years ago. But what if it wasn't?

The lines between good and bad, us and them, and freedom and entrapment are blurred as Ciere and the rest of her crew become embroiled in a deadly race against he government that could cost them their lives.


Why I'm Looking Forward To It: Where 2013 was my Year of Dystopian Reads, with books like Illusive in my future I have a feeling 2014 will be my Year of Superpower Reads. And as this is a mash-up of two of my favorite movies, I'm definitely looking forward to it!


So what book are you waiting on?

3 comments:

  1. This book! I need this book in my life as soon as I can get it! I'm a huge x-men fan, so sign me up!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already have this one on my TBR. I love the superpower thing. Plus, I really like the x-men and ocean's movies. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read either movie in the mash-up, but I really want to! I think you'll like this one :)

    ReplyDelete