Friday, November 1, 2019

The #FridayReads Review (11/1/19)



Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)Wild Ones, Vol. 7 (Wild Ones, #7)

Cress by Marissa Meyer (PBK)
After my next read didn't work out (see DNF below), I couldn't help but go straight into the next Lunar book. Even for a paperback it's so heavy it hurts my hands, but the story continues to be engrossing. So excited to finally be continuing this amazing series!

Wild Ones vol. 7 by Kiyo Fujiwara (PBK)
Needed a manga fix so I decided to re-read this favorite 10-volume series for enjoyment and review. Such a fun and sweet story of young adult love with a humorous yakuza twist. Look for my review later this year!


>> DNF <<
The Screaming Staircase (Lockwood & Co., #1)
The Screaming Staircase by Jonathan Stroud (PBK)
DNF at Page 62. In brief summary, I had 4 problems with this book: the writing, the setting, the lack of initial backstory, and the dull voice. Although I can enjoy a good ghost story, I had to push myself to read as far as I did and just couldn't muster any interest in continuing Lucy's ghostly adventures. For my full DNF review, see here.


>> JUST FINISHED <<
Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2)
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer (PBK)
4 Stars (re-read). This wasn't quite as enjoyable as Cinder since my dislike for 3+ POVs has only grown over the years and this one has at least 6 (I eventually lost count), but I was still reluctant to put it down and burned through it in just a few days. Still as original, vivid, and engrossing as the first time I read it, I can't recommend it and Cinder highly enough. You can read my full original review here.


>> [POSSIBLY] READING NEXT <<
(subject to change with my ever-shifting reading whims)
Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles, #3.5)
Fairest by Marissa Meyer (PBK)
So I guess I'm supposed to read this one before Winter? I'm really not crazy about Levana, but I'll give it a try.


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment