Friday, March 13, 2020

The #FridayReads Review (3/13/20)



Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
The Runaway King (The Ascendance Trilogy, #2)
The Runaway King by Jennifer A. Nielsen (PBK)
Just discovered this teen fantasy series is getting a fourth book, so I re-read the first (which was just as good as I remembered) and am finally trying the second. Just started yesterday and there is more politics than I prefer, but luckily a king and his regents are soon parted! Jaron is naturally up to his secret schemes off-page, so I'm excited to continue his story wherever it leads.


>> JUST FINISHED <<
The False Prince (The Ascendance Trilogy, #1)
The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen (PBK)
4 Stars. Re-read. A quick teen fantasy of political intrigue with a delightfully unreliable male narrator that, with its wit and bursts of violence is sure to appeal to boys as much as girls. As this book is only the beginning of Jaron's story, I'm going straight into the next installment.


>> [POSSIBLY] READING NEXT <<
(subject to change with my ever-shifting reading whims)
Children of the Whales, Vol. 2
Children of the Whales vol. 2 by Abi Umeda (PBK)
Just discovered this curious fantasy series because I'd been mixing it up with another one. The first volume was odd but interesting, with an intriguing shock of violence at the end. My libraries have the first three so I'll give more of the series a try to see where it's going.


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment