Saturday, January 12, 2013

Currently...Dawning

It's time for another entry in my "Currently..." segment, in which I let you know what I'm currently up to on a number of highly important topics.

I AM CURRENTLY...

READING:

Novels: Darker Still by Leanna Renee Hieber. It's historical and told in journal form, neither of which is usually my cup of tea but I'm really enjoying it. I just finished re-reading Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger, and you can expect a gushing review of it soon.
Manga: I haven't been reading much manga of late. I think I've fallen out of my addiction, although I still have my favorite series that I get excited about. Volumes just come out so far apart now that I lose interest in between. I did find an engaging-enough series in Dawn of the Arcana though, and I'm enjoying it.

WATCHING:

TV: I got Early Edition Season 1 for Christmas! It did turn out to be just as good as I remembered, and now I require at least one episode a day lest I go into withdrawal.
Movies: Caught a snippet of The Fugitive on television a few weeks ago and wanted to see it again so I picked it up from the library. It's an amazing movie - the acting, the story, the action. If you've never seen it, or if you haven't seen it in a while, watch it.

WRITING:

Project P: I've been so busy with All the Other Things that I haven't been able to write - and after I said I'd write 5k a month. Bad Skye. XP My procrastination also has to do with the fact that I'm at The Point - the point in my story (which each of my books has) where I get stuck and have to decide if I'll continue with the book or not. Considering how far into Project P I already am, I fully intend to continue to finish, but January is not the time. Therefore, I am declaring February will be All the Writing Month, and letting myself off the hook for now. It's been about a week since I've written though and I'm beginning to feel The Itch, so expect to hear of some writing soon.

LIFE:

Blogging: I have been pondering my blogs (of which I have several) and, to simplify my life, will be compiling my writing and reviewing blog. Expect this blog to change very soon!

Bookshelf: My favorite local teen librarian gave me their backlog of ARCs (Advanced Reader Copies), which was a GIANT box that was almost impossible to lug up the stairs to the car but was TOTALLY worth the strain. There were some real gems that I can't wait to read! I'm now in the process of trying to trade/get rid of the unwanted ones, since I now have bags of books littering the floor of my tiny bedroom. Expect another giveaway or two soon (and if you have any ARCs to trade, feel free to contact me via Twitter @skyelyte).

That's it for me. What are you "currently" up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment