Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday: RUSH

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blogging event hosted by Breaking the Spine, in which one spotlights an upcoming release they are eagerly anticipating. This week my pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Rush (The Game, #1)
Title: Rush
Author: Eve Silver
Release Date: June 11, 2013
Summary (from Goodreads):

When Miki Jones is pulled from her life, pulled through time and space into some kind of game—her carefully controlled life spirals into chaos. In the game, she and a team of other teens are sent on missions to eliminate the Drau, terrifying and beautiful alien creatures. There are no practice runs, no training, and no way out. Miki has only the guidance of secretive but maddeningly attractive team leader Jackson Tate, who says the game isn’t really a game, that what Miki and her new teammates do now determines their survival, and the survival of every other person on this planet. She laughs. He doesn’t. And then the game takes a deadly and terrifying turn.

Why I'm Looking Forward To It: A bunch of untrained teens thrown together in a "game" to eliminate aliens? Heck yes! Trained is boring - untrained is survival at its finest! And c'mon, "beautiful aliens"? We really don't see those two words used together nearly enough. This book also has a similar vibe to my current WIP, and I can use all the encouragement I can get in that department to keep my interest up now that I've passed the halfway point.


BONUS: You can enter to win an ARC of Rush on author Eve Silver's blog here!

So what book are you waiting on this Wednesday?

3 comments:

  1. Sounds addicting! It's definitely a book I will check out once it is relased. Great pick!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I requested this on Edelweiss but I haven't heard back yet! This sounds like such a great novel. I'm crossing my fingers that I get approved! Awesome WOW pick =)

    Emily @ Falling For YA

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower. This is another book that looks interesting and different. Come visit me as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete