Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday: The Unbound

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blogging event hosted by Breaking the Spine, in which one spotlights an upcoming release they are eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

The Unbound (The Archived, #2)

Title: The Unbound (The Archived #2)
Author: Victoria Schwab
Release Date: January 28, 2014
Summary (from Goodreads):

Imagine a place where the dead rest on shelves like books. Each body has a story to tell, a life seen in pictures that only Librarians can read. The dead are called Histories, and the vast realm in which they rest is the Archive.

Last summer, Mackenzie Bishop, a Keeper tasked with stopping violent Histories from escaping the Archive, almost lost her life to one. Now, as she starts her junior year at Hyde School, she's struggling to get her life back. But moving on isn't easy -- not when her dreams are haunted by what happened. She knows the past is past, knows it cannot hurt her, but it feels so real, and when her nightmares begin to creep into her waking hours, she starts to wonder if she's really safe. 

Meanwhile, people are vanishing without a trace, and the only thing they seem to have in common is Mackenzie. She's sure the Archive knows more than they are letting on, but before she can prove it, she becomes the prime suspect. And unless Mac can track down the real culprit, she'll lose everything, not only her role as Keeper, but her memories, and even her life. Can Mackenzie untangle the mystery before she herself unravels?


Why I'm Looking Forward To It: I hadn't even read the summary until creating this post, but it's been on my Wishlist since the second it went up on Goodreads. Loved Book 1, The Archived, so definitely looking forward to more in this world and Victoria's stellar storytelling! 


So what book are you waiting on this Wednesday?

3 comments:

  1. I need to read the first one still. I haven't bought it and the library doesn't have it. But it was one I was really excited for and now the 2nd one is coming... Great pick!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the first book checked out from the library now. I've heard great things so I'm excited to get into it. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to read the first one of the series, but I've heard so many good things about it!

    My WoW: http://pili-inlovewithhandmade.blogspot.com.es/2013/08/waiting-on-wednesday-3.html

    ReplyDelete