Thursday, January 2, 2014

My 2014 Resolution


Considering I failed almost all of last year's resolutions, this year I am aiming small - as in one, single resolution. And that resolution is:

1. Read more. 

I'm going to be taking a college class this spring (more on it later), and with the looming textbook and homework in my future I have a feeling I won't find as much personal reading time as I did last year. So I'm resolving to read more in the hopes that I make sure to find the time for it (even if it means sacrificing some television time, which I really should be cutting back on anyway). I'm still aiming smaller than last year, though - 60 books in my 2014 Goodreads Reading Challenge instead of last year's 85 - but 60 is still quite a feat for a slow reader like me so I'm hoping to really challenge myself to make the effort.

So what are your 2014 resolutions?

3 comments:

  1. I love TV time! Good luck fitting everything in, sounds like you'll be able to manage though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta love TV time! ;) But I tend to watch repeats a lot more than I should, so I'm hoping to cut back on those to read new books. Fingers crossed I fit everything in! So far I haven't been very good with time management, but I'm hoping being MORE busy straightens me out. We'll see what happens...

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean, Skye! I'm dual enrolling in college and this past year, I've been full-time so it's been hard to find time to read, but this year, I'm determined to do so! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete