Friday, January 20, 2017

The #FridayReads Review (1/20/17)



Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
The Crown's Game (The Crown's Game, #1)
The Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye (ARC)
While I'm not quite in the mood for this and so have to push myself to read it, I am so glad when I do because it is a stellar read - vivid characters, stunning setting, engaging plot, dazzling magic. I can't believe I waited so long to read it!


>> JUST FINISHED <<
Horimiya, Vol. 6 (Horimiya, #6)
Horimiya vol. 6 by Hero X Daisuke Hagiwara (PBK)
4 Stars. While this had some occasional laughs and feels, after 5 amazing volumes I felt this 6th fell a bit short. It read more like a collection of transitional side stories than a coherent volume, and made it seem as though the series will be ending soon (it's not). Hopefully things will get back on track in the next volume, but as I currently have no idea where things can go from here my excitement isn't very high. :'(


>> [POSSIBLY] READING NEXT <<
(subject to change with my ever-shifting reading whims)
Bloody Mary, Vol. 5
Bloody Mary vol. 5 by Akaza Samamiya (PBK)
Although I can never recall what happened in the last volume when I go to pick up the next one, this has been a solid 3-star series so far and I'm always excited to grab the next one from the library.


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment