Friday, October 23, 2020

The #FridayReads Review (10/23/20)


   

Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
Servamp vol. 7 by Strike Tanaka (PBK)
Currently in the middle of bingeing the first 13 volumes of this series from the library. For a paranormal battle manga it hasn't been what I expected with its focus on emotional turmoil and very little actual battling, but I'm a sucker for "simple" protagonists and haunted immortal characters so I'm invested enough to read all volumes on hand. 


>> JUST FINISHED <<
The Get To Principle by Ted Larkins (HBK)
3.5 Scribbles. "Get to" is such a simple and obvious mindset for a calmer and happier life yet most of us are mired in the miserable "Have tos" instead. I don't know if the concept needed an entire book - I must admit I skipped over a few chapters - but the chapters I read left me contemplative and inspired and I'm already feeling lighter by applying the "Have to/Get to" swap to my thoughts and actions. I'm glad this book caught my eye at the library.


>> [POSSIBLY] READING NEXT <<
(subject to change with my ever-shifting reading whims)
The Ancient Magus' Bride vol. 13 by Kore Yamazaki (PBK)
A new volume of this favorite series has finally released! I haven't been as enamored of the university arc, but with its fascinating world, intricate magic, and onion-layered characters I'm invested in this series until the very end.


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment